Provide intrusion detection and threat identification and response.
USM's all-in-one console includes intrusion detection software. It detects attacks in your critical cloud and on-premises infrastructure with built-in host intrusion detection (HIDS), network intrusion detection (NIDS), and cloud intrusion detection for AWS and Microsoft Azure.
Agency Defence Labs Security Research Team refreshes the USM platform with threat information to help you identify new attacks. The Open Threat Exchange (OTX)—the first open threat intelligence community—supports this threat data.
• Use built-in cloud, network, and host-based intrusion detection in any scenario.
• Quickly analyse threat intent and tactics using the Kill Chain Taxonomy.
• Use contextual data regarding assaults, including the threat, its method and approach, and reaction suggestions, to make educated judgements.
• Receive automated warnings on major dangers.
• Work faster with advanced analytics that provide threat and vulnerability data in one console
Intrusion Detection Systems for Any Environment
Cloud Intrusion Detection:
Intrusion detection is vital to cloud security monitoring, even if typical IDS and IPS software is not optimised for public clouds. Thus, USM delivers native cloud intrusion detection system capabilities in AWS and Azure cloud settings. USM's AWS and Azure cloud sensors use their administration APIs to provide you comprehensive insight into all cloud account operations.
USM's network intrusion detection system (NIDS) recognises known threats and attack patterns targeting susceptible assets. Complementing anomaly detection tools, it scans your on-premises network traffic for the latest attacks, malware infections, system compromise techniques, policy violations, and other exposures and raises alarms in your USM dashboard when threats are found.
HIDS and File Integrity Monitoring (FIM):
USM's host-based intrusion detection system (HIDS) uses an agent on each host to analyse system behaviour and configuration to identify intrusions. HIDS monitors critical operating system and application events.
Look at threats quickly on the Dashboard
Look at threats quickly on the Dashboard Complete Threat Evidence
See attack methods, linked events, source and target IP addresses, and suggestions for fixing problems all in one place. This makes it easier to look into threats and act on them quickly.
Correlating IDS/IPS data with multiple built-in security tools cuts down on false positives and improves the accuracy of alarms.
Set up alerts through popular channels like email and SMS to be notified of important alarms that may indicate a system breach or attack.
The Goals and Methods of the Attack
• System compromise behaviour.
• Exploitation & Installation—Behavior suggesting a successful exploit or backdoor/RAT installation.
• Delivery & Attack—Attempted exploit delivery.
• Reconnaissance & Probing—Actors trying to learn about your network.
• Environmental Awareness—Behavior signalling policy infractions, susceptible software, or questionable communications.